Bird food. (Ok, maybe more like homemade granola bars)
Sometimes, you need a little pick-me-up in the afternoon. Let's be honest, lunch was a long time ago and dinner isn't for a couple of hours. The struggle is real.
But you've also been working your ass off at the gym (more than usual since it's summer and cut-off shorts and bikinis take no mercy); so next time you're craving a little something something, grab one of these. Healthy, full of fiber (hello regularity!) and adaptable to whatever you have in your pantry.
First things first, these have ZERO added sugar. YAY. Next time your bananas start being too ripe for their own good, mash em' up and voila! There's your sweetness.
Bird Food Bars
- 2 bananas (mushed up real nice using a fork)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (dark chocolate is also delicious)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Sea salt (sprinkle over top once in bar form)
Combine, bake at 350F for 15min, enjoy!