Beauty Bag 101 for Summer
Hi lovelies! Toronto got a serious dose of HEAT this weekend and it was ah-mazing. On Saturday I spent the day outside at Motionball's Marathon of Sport with my co-host Tyrone Edwards, where we had the opportunity to participate in 6 different sporting events alongside 84 other teams celebrating and raising money for Special Olympics Canada (blog post to come!). Needless to say it was a very, very sweaty day and I am proud to say I thought of waterproof mascara.
This got me thinking, what are the key items to have in your make-up bag for the hottest months of the year? My make-up artist extraordinaire and The Wilde Files contributor, Nikki Strachan has come to share her top picks!
- Chloe Wilde
My suggestions for mastering the perfect beauty bag 101 for summer would be:
- Mascara - try a jewel tone or electric blue! Makes the eyes pop and creates a good focal point... VA VA VOOM!!
- My favorite tools: a lash curler, rounded blush brush, foundation brush for smooth and easy application and a good angle brush to smooth out eye liner
- BB cream for light coverage. You don't want to look cakey or overdone when it's humid out.
- Tip: Try and find one with SPF coverage!
- For the dolls who have redness in their skin, stay away from reddy or pinky blushes; sometimes it can appear you were out in the sun too long. Instead, stick with a peachy bronze blush!
- Tip: I like to use mineral blushes with a bit of sheen to add a little J.Lo glow
- For lips, have a statement lip in your kit! A punch of color with a tan? YAS.
- A staple all year-round: bronze or black kohl pencil.
- Tip: for easy application, warm the pencil on the black of your hand so it glides on the eye for an easy application!
- Last but not least, a brow pencil with a wax base for long-lasting fleekness.